Friday, July 27, 2007

Torque Game Engine problems = Help me!

I have the Demo of Torque Game Engine and it will NOT start for me. The demo of Torque Game Engine Advanced will load but I would prefer to have TGE working before I part with hard cash.
All I get is a error when I try to start.
AppName: demo.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: glide2x.dll
ModVer: 2.42.0.32578 Offset: 0000e414
Which is infuriating. I have updated my video drivers and still no good!
Windows XPSP2 GeForce 6700XL 3ghz D2 Pentium video drivers are 162.18 international version: 6.14.11.6218
A forum where I have asked for help.Link also provides more Info about the Game engine as well.
http://www.garagegames.com/mg/forums/result.thread.php?qt=65207
Have it working under Win95 compatibility in properties of the shortcut. But thats not right as should be working under XP. Why? am I apperantly the only one with this problem. I think its related to OpenGL somehow as TGEA is D3D only and it works fine. Just servely lacks in starter packs and is definetly for advanced users only.
The Fact you have to buy the licence to see the documentation is bas enough, but is made worse you only can see the doumentation for the version you buy. Buy TGEA and you cant access TGE info despite TGE being a lower version and having more code to download.

No comments: