Thursday, May 30, 2013

Duck Egg Pancakes - Cooked in Sandwich Maker

Having had some minute luck with making omeletts and pancakes with goose eggs which would have gone better if had more me time. I had a go at making some pancakes from a free range duck egg. I was going to use the frying pan but it was horribly coated in sauage lard so to hell with theat and my brain got the idea of sandwich maker.

Ingredients:
1 x Free Range Duck Egg 92g (10g of which is shell)
flour
milk
Clongill Free Range Duck Egg 92.6g Sandwich Maker PancakeClongill Free Range Duck Egg Sandwich Maker Pancakes - I'm messy

1 x Free Range Duck Egg 92.6g (10.3g of which is shell)
Yolk would be whole if shell was not so tough, a feature I like about duck eggs.

Clongill Free Range Duck Egg Sandwich Maker Pancakes - Add milk and FlourClongill Free Range Duck Egg Sandwich Maker Pancakes - Smoother if done liquid to powder not reverse

Add Milk and Flour, it is better to add the milk to the flour rather than the flour to the milk/egg mix. I did not do this and the result was lumpy batter.

Clongill Free Range Duck Egg Sandwich Maker Pancakes - 1st one from makerClongill Free Range Duck Egg Sandwich Maker Pancakes - in Sandwich MakerClongill Free Range Duck Egg Sandwich Maker Pancakes - Result



The results
3 triangler pancake from the mix a lot more if Goose egg is used as Goose eggs are 100g heavier. The taste is not bad at all, considering. I like the pancake maker idea and will have to do it again. Just will have to be careful pouring as the mix when cooking swells up a great deal. Overall a great idea and it has helped me start to eat eggs again, still does nothing for the suphur though.

No comments: